Tuesday, August 18, 2009

PUT DOWN THE SPOON AND MEASURING TAPE AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT

It is one thing to compare an apple to another apple, but comparing a person to another person is like comparing an apple to an orange. Such comparisons aren’t useful. And when you compare yourself to others in this way, you always suffer, whether you come out on top or not.

While reading through a handful of blogs this morning, I found that quite a few of them bounced around the same topic. Busybodies, drama queens, those who "stir the pot". I feel like I'm constantly blogging about people living as if it were a competition or how I wish people wouldn't bring others down in an effort to feel superior. Don't those that "stir the pot" not realize that they are those that are "dreaded to see coming". The energy and attention they generate is negative and they aren't taken on a serious level. It's hard to respect someone that doesn't show an ounce of respect for anyone else. They are viewed as deceitful beings.

If you spend any part of your day bringing others down instead of lifting them up, then all you are is a stumbling block. You are better than that. God made you in the hopes that you would be better than that.

I Love this following quote, it really puts my goals and attitude in perspective....

~Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you.~

We weren't created in his image to be those who cripple others spirit, we weren't put here to abuse others emotionally, mentally, physically, or spiritually. We are here in the likeness of him to be an example OF HIM.

In every situation, I am praying to be SO conscientious of the example I am leaving and I thank God for having the wisdom to not try and "measure up" to anyone else and their life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said girl!!

Veronica Stepien said...

Wow! I needed to hear that right now. Been struggling with my own issues this week. The story of do something came from a daily devotion i get every morning by email. It is called Girlfriends in God. I love it. If you would like I can forward you one by email and you could sign up. Get's my day started off great and gets me in the word in the mornings.