Friday, May 1, 2009

Carterbug's 1st Birthday




Okay... So, I decided that for some reason I had to bake and decorate Carter's first cake(s) myself. You gotta cut me some slack. I'm not crafty. I've tried and to be honest I am pretty much just "mediocre" when it comes to well, just about everything and that's just fine with me. Not out to impress.... I am excited though because I know the cakes could have turned out so much worse and I could have dropped them and didn't so yeah, I'm feeling pretty successful. I think overall they were pretty cute.

Here's Carter investigating his food...


It didn't take him long to dig in...


The kids were loving Carter's ball pen. (I think my husband has played with it just as much as Carter...hehe..)






I believe I'm going to leave the decorations up for another week. Carter gets really excited everytime we go into the kitchen.
I went on "streamer overload".





Then I figured, why not the cabinets?


and of course, you can't forget the door....


The kids really liked it so even if I did cross over into "tacky", they thought it looked really cool. My niece turned to me as she was leaving and said, "Aunt Tara, You Really know how to throw a party"....lol....best compliment yet. :o)

3 comments:

Veronica Stepien said...

You did a great job. Enjoy this day take lots of pictures. You'll turn around and he's starting kindergaten. Happy Day Carter!!

Paige Todd said...

I think the cake and cupcakes look cute! Great job!

Unknown said...

I think you did a great job!! Way to go!! I can't believe he is one already!! Time Flies!!!