Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Just a little update....

So...The holiday was Wonderful. We really enjoyed all the family time. It felt like the longest weekend ever and was VERY MUCH needed. Oh, and Carter had 2 teeth pop up through the gums on Thanksgiving day. It's so cute. I just feel sorry for him. He's gonna chew through a teether eventually....

I feel like I am working non-stop these days. I love that I have the ability to take Carter with me to Dr. J's office on non-surgery days. I'd really miss the time I have with him. At the same time though between getting him situated at the office, pumping, and trying to get caught up on paperwork and accounts, and keeping the house and laundry in order, by the end of the week, I feel like I've been hit by a hurricane. I'd say just about everyone feels that way as well. I'm really not complaining. I feel EXTREMELY Blessed to not only have a job but to have one where Carter can go with me. I also Love the time I spend working for Dr. Wilson as well. I just didn't ever fathom just how much goes into raising a child while trying to balance everything else. I don't know how mommies with more than one handle it. I've learned so much over the past 7 months and I have So much to learn as well. The level of selflessness that is required when you have a child was something I was aware of but no where near to the full extent. If nothing else, I'm learning humility. I came across this quote the other night and in regards to myself, it is so true...

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.”


I still feel set in my ways about a lot of things as far as parental supervision, discipline,etc... but I'm seeing a lot of little things in a whole other light.


This little guy is teaching me so much everyday. Hopefully I'm doing a good job returning the favor :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nobody said being a Mommy was easy, it's the hardest job you'll ever have....but SO worth it!! Hope you guys are all doing well, all my little one have just gotten over the crud, UGH!