Sunday, October 12, 2008

One enemy is one too many

Love isn't Always Easy...

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you,do not demand it back. DO TO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO TO YOU, If you ONLY love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.



I would much rather someone have ill feelings toward me than to have it the other way around. Being mad is just so draining. I can't stand feeling negative. I was thinking the other day how the last person that actually did something personally to me that really caused hurt feelings was a girl 6 years ago. Don't get me wrong, people have talked ( and lied about me)behind my back but Let's just be real; I don't think there is anyone, including myself, that can say they haven't had one conversation about a person based on "hear say". Wow, imagine if everyone just stopped gossiping. I bet the world would be alot more peaceful...that's another topic for another day though...

The only reason I've been upset with anyone over the past few years is due to them hurting close friends and relatives. I just wish everyone could just get long. There's some real evil stuff in this world. Murderers, Rapists, Thieves....Everyone has their own battles and though I don't want to belittle anyone's trials, I can't help but view some things as being petty compared to the "big picture". I think the world is going to get so much worse and all that will, should really stick together- INSTEAD of tearing each other apart. When it comes down to it, you cannot justify hate ...atleast not to the ONE that counts anyway.




1 comment:

Kristen said...

my mother used to always tell me the same thing. "would you say, do, watch, or listen to that if Jesus was here?".