Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Separation Anxiety

I miss my baby so much. The doctor confirmed that I do have the H1N1 flu that ironically enough I believe I contracted while in the waiting room of the doctor's office last week while awaiting lab work. (Keep in mind that all those poor sick people with sicky icky germs go fumbling through those waiting room magazines, while, sneezing coughing, touching their germy faces, etc... then you touch them, then touch your face, yeah ew, I know.....the bacteria from most viruses/flu can live up to what? 72 hours? on inanimate objects) I usually take my own book but forgot it last week and I forgot to use the handsanitizer until I got back in the car. It's almost a guarantee that I touched my lips or nose while there because both are chapped and I keep rubbing them (not smart)....Anyway, the dr. said Carter needed to stay clear of me until atleast 24hours after my last fever and symptoms are clear.
This flu is miserable but I am hurting way more emotionally than I am physically. I kinda wish the meds would keep me knocked out. When I'm awake, I'm crying because he isn't here. The house is quiet. I can actually hear our clock ticking. I haven't heard that clock since before Carter was born. My heart is aching so bad. I know it will just be for a few days but it is really weird not having him here. I hadn't planned on him sleeping away from home for a few more years.
On a positive note, he isn't sick. Please Pray that he stays healthy and doesn't come down with any sickness. It's a blessing that he is so comfortable with mom and dad and he is having a good time. Also that I actually have time to be sick this week if that makes any sense. There's alot I could be doing but I have until Saturday to get the office work completed and I filed all the claims and did all the patient notes yesterday so some productivity has been accomplished.

Either the tamiflu medicine or the flu itself is causing dizziness so I am going to take a break from the computer. Hope everyone has a great week :)

1 comment:

~Kim~ said...

Tara, I am SO SORRY you are sick! I am only a hop, skip, and a jump away! Just think, tho, soon you will be well, and your sweet Carter will be back in your arms!

(Hugs) and healthy vibes being sent your way!!!