Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PRIORITIES

I know everyone has their own list of priorities. After years of putting the wrong one in the number one space, I finally got the "kinks" worked out. My list now goes like this:
1. GOD
2. HUSBAND AND CHILD
3. ME


I think for some their lists go like this:
1. CHILD
2. ME
3. SPOUSE

or
1. SPOUSE AND CHILD
2. ME
3. GOD

and unfortunately some go like this:
1. ME
2. ME
3. ME





The thing is if you put God as your top priority, he will make you feel as though you are at the top of his list as well.



I have SO MANY prayer requests.
There are several married couples struggling right now. I ask that we all lift these families up in our prayers. I know that God can heal each of them if they are each and every one willing. I pray that God will soften each of their hearts and strip them of their pride, that they will have the strongest burden to lean on God in their time of need, and that they won't let satan control any of their thoughts and actions. I have noticed with some of these couples that one or both of the partners do not have a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior and I know that is the root of the problem. I'm not saying that they do not pray. Many people, even those who don't live for God, still pray for things they want but that's another topic for another day.... On to my topic for today...
(and this includes those who aren't married or have kids when it comes to priorities, I am definitely not trying to leave anyone out because we ALL need God as our #1, no exclusions, struggling married couples is just what is really burdening my heart right now)



You have to have God in your marriage. He has to be THE MOST IMPORTANT one in your life. #1 on your priority list ALWAYS. As I see it, If you Love your Spouse, if you Love your Children, then you will Love them enough to put God before them on your list.
I asked myself that one day, do I love God more than anything?

"Of Course"

....but do i Love him more than anyone else?

More than my amazing husband?

Surely I couldn't Love anyone more than that precious baby who literally takes my breath away and causes my heart to actually feel as though it is swelling in my chest?

My answer, after really thinking about it,

I Love my Savior MORE
because he gave me those wonderful, special people.
Because he allowed me salvation.
Because when I was Lost, he was there.
Because he is always there.
I have the priviledge of talking to him as though he is my oldest and closest friend.
I get to tell him when I'm frustrated, happy, sad, burdened.
He is the Root of my happiness, of my everything and I am So head over heels IN LOVE with my amazingly, wonderful, precious GOD.

I could not imagine not having him in my heart, soul, and in my life. How lonely it has to be for those who are lost and don't know him. I don't know how anyone survives without him. I remember drifting along without him in the dark. No wonder people aren't finding happiness in their marriages. How could they even find happiness within themselves, let alone their partners without God.

God is Love.
How can anyone truely know what Love is without knowing God?


This is a poem that our church gave Travis and I when we got married. I have kept it on our desk in the office for the past 5 years and it will be the centerpiece at our 50th wedding anniversary (LORDWILLING OF COURSE)

I once thought marriage took
Just two to make a go,
But now I am convinced
It takes the Lord also.

And not one marriage fails
Where Christ is asked to enter,
As lovers come together
With Jesus at the center.

But marriage seldom thrives,
And homes are incomplete,
Till He is welcomed there
To help avoid defeat.

In homes where Christ is first,
It’s obvious to see,
Those unions really work,
For marriage still takes three.


I was only planning on putting the poem on this post but like usual SO much more came spilling out. Everyone please pray for those that are lost. Pray for the struggling couples and pray that God would take away my words and only use his when it comes to witnessing his Love. Love to all. Hope you Enjoy the beautiful day God gave you!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You don't know me, but after reading this post I feel that I just have to comment.

You are SUCH an inspiration. I know I need to get my list in the correct order, because most of the time it is out of line.

You posts are so uplifting and I enjoy reading them so much.